Monday, October 19, 2009

A Little Story About Soap & Glory


While shopping for my weekly Target haul, I noticed the Soap & Glory line in the cosmetic aisle. The kitschy packaging caught my eye first, especially the darling makeup bags with black and white photos of 50’s & 60’s women. The clever names of the products caught my eye next; “The Righteous Butter” for when “you’ve lost that rubbing feeling”, “The Wizard of Flaws” concealor, “Hair Supply” hair mask—you get the picture. It seemed strangely familiar to me and later I remembered I had read that Marcia Kilgore, the founder of Bliss had created this line too--no wonder I like it so much! Since my BFITWWW (best friend in the whole wide world) had a birthday coming up I decided to investigate further. After picking up virtually every item in the product line, testing, sniffing and laughing out loud for about an hour, I chose the All Stars set which includes:


  •  A tube of Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumper (in clear) (7ml)


  •  A Tub of The Righteous Butter (50ml)


  •  Travel-sized bottle of Clean On Me Creamy Skin Clarifying Shower Gel (75ml)

  •  A mini tube of Great Shakes Super Softening Hand Cream (50ml)
All this and the cute bag for only $25.99! Okay I may be a cheap friend but I would never give a good friend something I had not tried and tested on myself (ya know, kinda like the King’s taste tester in Medieval times) so I was forced to buy a few things for myself. I know, I know it was a sacrifice scrubbing myself in the shower with the Scrub of Your Life body scrub with it’s micro beads smoothing away my chicken arms, drenching myself in the Clean On Me body wash which has built in lotion so it doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry or tight, but quite the opposite—moisturized. And the worst part was after the shower--slathering myself with the thick rich The Righteous Butter body butter leaving my skin velvety soft but not greasy. Yes it was a chore spending that relaxing 40 minutes in the shower, but I smelled delish with the Soap and Glory signature scent of “leafy greens, bergamot and mandarin with a floral and fruity middle note that makes your nose tingle a little, followed by soft musk, oak moss, amber and woody notes”. This is a true girly girl scent; sweet and feminine but not cloying-- I personally adore it, to my nose it smells very similiar to Dior Miss Cherie.  All that suffering was worth it though when my friend was thrilled with her gift and told me I always get the best, most unique gifts. I have to agree.

Soap and Glory is sold at Target, target.com, in Canada at Shopper’s Drug Mart, and will soon be available at soapandglorycosmetics.com

Check out some the cute sets for your BFITWWW --and don’t forget to buy a few things for yourself uh, I mean to test of course.

all products were purchsed by me

0 comments: