Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bobbi Brown Chrome Collection



Limited Edition Chrome Eyeshadow - $22
Developed with highly reflective pearls, this opulent formula looks like liquid metal on lids and reflects light beautifully. Featured in our signature eye shadow compact, customized for the season with a luxe chrome finish.
Gold, Pewter and Silver




Limited Edition Chrome Beauty Kit - $115
Tje Chrome Beauty Kit is perfect for travel or home organizing. Faux leather chrome has beautiful metallized look. Structured, multi-tiered case is sized to hold full-sized make up brushes, makeup and skincare essentials.

My two cents:
I think the Chrome palette is really really pretty but the eye shadows are very small--true you would probably not ever use them all up but still for $75? My personal preference is to not buy lip palettes--I just don't think they're portable or practical. If I have to dig out a palette and a lip brush and liner, etc.--well I'm just too lazy! Give me an old fashioned lipstick tube and I'm good to go. However, if you use lip palettes and are in need of some shimmery neutral eye shadows, go for it!

I purchased the brush set for $22 on Macy.s com, apparently there was a mistake in pricing. For $22 it's a great set, for $55 not so much. The Face Blender brush is amazing; I really do love it for blush application, but the two other brushes are teeny tiny! I mean smaller than mini!

I haven't had a chance to try the chrome shadows yet, but with Bobbi Brown products I can rely on excellent quality. I'd like to try the gold and pewter, which by the way looks more taupe to me. Whadda you think?

Check out Karla's blog for swatches here...

0 comments: