Inspired by Coco Chanel's birdcage, the collection mimics the colors of tropical birds and flowers. It strikes me more as a summer collection rather than Holiday, but it definitely feels like a breath of fresh air compared to all the dark Gothic black of MAC Style Black and even Chanel's own Noirs Obscurs. The shades in the collection do invoke images of the golden sand of Hawaii, the aqua/teal of the ocean and the Bird of Paradise flower. I can almost smell the sea air.
- The eye shadow quad is called Bird of Paradise and shimmers with shades of flamingo pink, teal, gold and khaki/green. LE $56
- Professional Eyeliner Duo in Celadon-Lame $45
- The new Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshines are equally summery and so pretty I want to eat them like candy. They are Maldives (LE), Galapagos, Grenada and Tasmania--all tropical locations $28.50
- There are also three Aqualumiere glosses in Colibri, Hirondelle and Canari $27
- Trapeze Nail Polish-- Silver beige(LE) $23
- Perhaps the standout is the Les Tissages Lames De Chanel, a beautiful highlighter with gold, bronze and copper woven together to resemble Chanel's signature tweed. This looks as if it would be well suited to a warmer complexion. $60