1. Primers are your new best friends. A good face primer will fill in wrinkles, fine lines, and pores. Read my article on primers here.
2. Lipstick shades can age you. Makeup artist Bobbi Brown suggests only going one or two shades darker than your natural lip color. Avoid matte lipsticks as they tend to settle into your lip lines. Instead, try creamier lipsticks or glosses. Glosses are especially youthful and can make your lips appear fuller.
3. Stick to cream blushes. Older skin usually means dry skin so creamy blushes won't settle into your fine lines and wrinkles like powders might on dry skin. Creamier products tend to 'plump' up your skin. Most cosmetics brands carry cream blushes, Bobbi Brown has an especially good selection called Pot Rouges.
4. Eyeliner helps to define the eyes and make them 'pop.' Lining the eyes can make them appear larger. Smudging your eyeliner into the upper lash line helps to make your lashes look fuller. A thin line on the lower lash line helps to define. Don't forget to curl your lashes, it will make them look longer.
5. Don't overpluck. Once you hit your 30's, you'll want to be careful not to overpluck your eyebrows since brows are less apt to grow back if you excessively pluck. Brow powder applied with a stiff slant brush looks more natural than pencil. There's nothing worse than drawn on brows.
6. Whiten your teeth. Over time, teeth may yellow from coffee, tea or red wine stains. I use Crest Whitestrips Advanced. This is a miracle product, it really does whiten and the strips stay put, you can even drink with them and it's much less expensive than a treatment at the dentist.
7. Stand up straight. Think about all the sexy women you know, they stand up straight and confidently. Not only will this make you look ten pounds thinner in seconds, it will make you look five years younger as well.
8. Get a good night's sleep. Few things age you overnight more than a poor night's sleep. Your eyes are puffy, your skin sallow and dull and your face sags.
9. Use bronzer to contour your face. A quick swipe with a big fluffy brush on the jawline, a stripe down the center of your neck and a stripe under each cheekbone will take 10 years off. Make sure to blend well with a cosmetic sponge.
10. Brighten your eyes. A little pink highlighter under the eye and on the inside corner will make you look rested and bright eyed even if you're not. Benefit's Eye Bright comes in a creamy pencil and does a great job.
A beauty resource for Women 40 & over and in their PRIME!!!
Thought of the Day
There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.~~Sophia Loren
I am a 50-something, divorced, professional woman with an addiction to makeup, clothes, shoes, perfume, and all things girly. I am proud of my age and what I've learned in my journey through life--so far.