Thursday, August 27, 2009

Introducing Frugal Friday


In this economy we all need to save a buck or two whenever we can. Every Friday I’ll highlight a beauty product that is not only high quality but a great value as well.

Today’s product is Revlon Colorstay 12 hour Eyeshadow Quad. Four silky smooth color coordinated shades that last all day. Honest. There are 18, count ‘em 18 color variations; nudes, neutrals, browns, greens, blues, you name it. I chose Nude Elements which reminds me of the Dior Parisian Lights quint.

Revlon Nude Elements quad swatched. From left to right: pearly white, great to highlight under browbone, nude peach shade: a barely there peach shade, taupe shade: taupe with a wee bit of plum, charcoal shade: a light charcoal shade with a hint of blue. I wore this quad today--the white under browbone, peach on lid and inner corner, taupe in crease and charcoal used wet to line. Very soft and pretty!
Revlon Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow quads retail for $6.99. I got mine on sale at WalMart for $5 and have seen them at various drugstores on BOGOF (buy one get one free) sales. That's only $3.50 each!!
P.S. Sorry for the bad swatch pic, I need to read the manual for my camera, but you can see my scars from my recent surgery--ewww.
What do you think of this quad? Let me know in the comments.

I purchased this product

1 comments:

Patti said...

I don't have any of these Revlon quads, but they sure are pretty! And I love your Frugal Friday idea!